• In den nächsten Tagen findet eine technische Änderung statt. Aus diesem Grunde müssen sich alle Forumsmitglieder neu einloggen - bitte schon einmal sicherstellen, dass das Passwort bekannt und die Email-Adresse aktuell ist. Beitrag dazu im Forum

Diskussion: Slabbed Reichsmünzen

My German is poor, so I have read this thread using Google Translate. I wanted to include my opinion, if it is useful.

Thank you very much for your posting.
It´s very interesting for me, and I´m sure for a lot of members
here in the forum too, to read the view from a collector in the states.

I agree with you that a real collector must have enough detailed knowledge
about his collectors area. So he doesn´t need such a „service“.

The grading for a coin is ca. 55 US$, and after the grading the value of the
coin rises about 50 percent or more by a auction. That´s ridiculous for me.
So I think this instrument is useful for people they want to invest their money.
They hope the prices get higher and higher, but by the next crash on the financial
market when they must sell their coins, they will lose a lot of money.

I know my English is poor, but I hope you can understand it. :schaem:

The grading for a coin is ca. 55 US$, and after the grading the value of the
coin rises about 50 percent or more by a auction. That´s ridiculous for me.
So I think this instrument is useful for people they want to invest their money.
They hope the prices get higher and higher, but by the next crash on the financial
market when they must sell their coins, they will lose a lot of money.

I know my English is poor, but I hope you can understand it. : Schaem:

Thank you for the response. I have no problems understanding you.

We have a saying with me and my friends: "If you have to ask, then the answer is no." This is particularly useful when you are asking if a girl likes you. The same is true if you are not sure of the grade of a coin when you are thinking about buying it.

The cost of grading is so expensive that it only makes sense to do on the most valuable coins. You could argue that you should not be spending this much money on coins if you cannot evaluate them yourself. In the US we always say, "Buy the book before you buy the coin"

I purchased this book a few years ago. I do not know if there is a German translation in existence, but it explains in detail how to grade coins on the 1-70 scale in general. It gives specifics on most major US coin series: The Official Guide to Coin Grading and Counterfeit Detection, 2nd *******: John Dannreuther, Scott A. Travers: 9780375720505: Amazon.com: Books

This is also in English, but was equally useful to me for understanding PCGS. I personally recommend that people watch these before submitting anything to NGC or PCGS. It could potentially avoid unncessary costs. I do not know if PCGS has started offering grading classes at the major EU coin shows:
PCGS Webinar - Coin Grading 101: Introduction to Coin Grading
PCGS Webinar - Coin Grading 102: Qualifiers, Proof Coins, Modern & Difficult to Grade Coins
PCGS Webinar - Coin Grading 103: No Grades
PCGS Webinar - Coin Grading 103, Part 2: Counterfeit Detection

Also ich werde wohl was einreichen und meine Stücke direkt in Crailsheim abliefern. Liegt auf dem Weg von Zürich nach Erfurt.
Hast Du schon was aus Crailsheim gehört?

Letztes mal wurden die Ergebnisse recht flott schon vorab per E-Mail mitgeteilt.

Unsere Münzen dürften Montag, spätestens Dienstag dran gewesen sein, bei all meinen 5 Stücken war am Dienstag eine Änderung im Population-Report zu verzeichnen.

Wenn ich jetzt eins und eins zusammen zähle kann ich das Ergebnis bei 3 Stücken ableiten, bei 2 Stücken - hier gab es jeweils zwei Änderungen im Report - stark eingrenzen. ;)

Hab Dir grad ne PN geschickt. ;)

Aber nö, noch nix vernommen. Populationsreport ist ein guter Tipp. Hab eben geschaut, meine tauchen da noch nicht auf.
Komisch! :confused:

Hast Du dir auch zu Wochenbeginn die Populationen gespeichert um jetzt vergleichen zu können, oder hast Du Münzen eingeliefert welche noch nie zuvor eingereicht wurden?

Komisch! :confused:

Hast Du dir auch zu Wochenbeginn die Populationen gespeichert um jetzt vergleichen zu können, oder hast Du Münzen eingeliefert welche noch nie zuvor eingereicht wurden?

Ich sehe zumindest bei J.104 1892 und 1894 keine Einträge. Und 1895 geht nicht über MS61 hinaus. Mein Stück ist aber deutlich besser.

Wenn ich mich nicht völlig vertue darf ich mit

1 x 63
1 x 64
1 x 64+ oder 65+
1 x 64+ oder 65 oder 65+
1 x 65+

rechnen. ;)

Zurück
Oben
Sie nutzen einen Adblocker

Sicherlich gibt es Seiten im Internet, die es mit Werbung übertreiben. Dieses Seite gehört nicht dazu!

Aus diesem Grunde bitte ich Sie, Ihren Adblocker zu deaktivieren. Danke!

Ich habe den Adblocker für diese Seite ausgeschaltet