Meine Kaiserreich Sammlung

Punkte Reaktionen
Website
formerairline.com
Ebay Username
eBay-Logo philarnoldscoins
Hallo!

I have decided to make Kaiserreich coins the primary focus of my collection. I know not why; every day I view and handle the finest coins from around the world and yet I am happiest with my Kaiserreich coins.

So I would like to show everyone my collection as it grows in this Thema.

You'll have to forgive me for writing in English as my German is not very good. Feel free to correct any mistakes in the German in my images, and feel free to respond in German.

It is difficult for me to find information on these coins in English so if you could provide any I would appreciate it.

The first Kaiserreich coin I bought was the Bremen 2 Mark piece. I bought it in Karlsruhe while I was working as an Englishlehrer there. I didn't like teaching very much but I loved the coin. I would later 'dip' this coin because of some black spots I didn't like on it.

The second coin was given to me by a collector in Griechenland. He gave it to me as payment for photographing his collection in Athens.

More to come.

Danke

Anhänge

• wuert.jpg
    wuert.jpg
    344,7 KB · Aufrufe: 255
  • bremen.jpg
    bremen.jpg
    342,2 KB · Aufrufe: 236
I bought the 'Defeat of Napoleon' 3M coin from a colleage who specializes in German coins. This coin started my interest in Kaiserreich coins a number of years ago.

I was in San Francisco last month for the American Numismatic Association's "World's Fair of Money". While I was there I saw many coins and many medals but I ended up buying a 1913 Lübeck 3 Mark piece. This coin was graded MS64 by NGC, but I later broke it out of the 'slab'.

Anhänge

• defeat.jpg
    defeat.jpg
    332,8 KB · Aufrufe: 236
  • lubeck.jpg
    lubeck.jpg
    383,1 KB · Aufrufe: 229
Hi darkhorse,

Be welcome to this forum. I'm pleased to see that you have chosen this topic to focus your coin collection. The pictures of your coins indicate to very nice specimens, I wonder which masterpieces will be following in this thread.

This forum is the very right place to get in contact with other Kaiserreich collectors - within this section "Deutschland vor 1948", there are many threads containing discussions about important issues regarding this topic. For instance, "Diskussion Reichsgoldmünzen" is mainly about the problems with counterfeits, which werde made by a certain guy named Dr. Schmidt in the 60s and 70s of the 20th century. These counterfeits are of very high quality due to the professional equipment used by Dr. Schmidt - therefore, only a few experts are able to distinguish between true or false with high reliabilty. As we see many of these coins offered in USA, I wonder how the grading institutes like PCGS handle this problem in process of grading those pieces.

So, have you already got the Catalog "Kurt Jaeger - die deutschen Münzen seit 1871"? Gietl Verlag will be releasing a new issue in October 2005. This is the most detailed common catalog about Kaiserreich coins, containing many facts about each issue, a table field within the valuation section which points to existing counterfeits, and reasonable market prices.

Have fun here,
jeggy

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Danke

siepie corrected my grammatik in the images "DIE Kaiserreich Sammlung" :eek:

PCGS has two German coin experts, Ron Guth (of germancoins.com) and Karl Stephens. They've been collecting German coins for most of their lives.

PCGS takes extra caution when it comes to counterfeits because it has a grading garauntee.

Next week I'm getting a nice Jena 2 Mark coin from Ron. I'll post it as soon as I can. :cool:

I already emailed with Ron. He's a very friendly guy - unfortunately, he couldn't tell me more about my equestrian statue pattern (Preussen 1913) - I've been searching for someone who knows about a second piece.

Regarding Kaiserreich patterns, it's recommended to order the reprint of the auction catalog #7 (March 25th, 1987) from Kuenker. It includes many corrections to the Schaaf book (mainly errors relating material, weight etc.) and also contains the results.

About the PCGS guarantee, how does it work? What would happen, if PCGS graded a coin - and later, it turns out that the coin is fake?

jeggy

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
PCGS will then reimburse the owner for the actual coin's current value. This occurred with the "micro-O" counterfeit Morgan Silver Dollars - however some collectors chose NOT to take advantage of the guarantee in this case and save the counterfeits as a collectors item.

Tell me more about your equestrian pattern. I'm not aware of many Kaiserreich patterns asside from the ones by Goetz.

Darkhorse schrieb:
Tell me more about your equestrian pattern. I'm not aware of many Kaiserreich patterns asside from the ones by Goetz.
Here it is:
http://www.emuenzen.de/forum/305053-14-post.html
more pictures: http://www.demo-portal.de/div/Reiterstandbild/

I got it last year from an Austrian, who inherited a huge and very valuable coin collection (mainly US coins) from his deceased uncle. The coin had probably been purchased in USA, because the uncle had lived there for many years. So far, no more information from the source...

I got a certificate of authenticity from Herr Franquinet, who is an known expert.

Zurück
Oben
Sie nutzen einen Adblocker

Sicherlich gibt es Seiten im Internet, die es mit Werbung übertreiben. Dieses Seite gehört nicht dazu!

Aus diesem Grunde bitte ich Sie, Ihren Adblocker zu deaktivieren. Danke!

Ich habe den Adblocker für diese Seite ausgeschaltet