Planning a trip to germany and former eastblock

Punkte Reaktionen
Website
Website besuchen
Hello,

Maybe you can give me some advise:

I'm planning a trip through different countries. My goal is to collect as many coins from those countries as I can. Depending on the time, I would like to visit Germany, Poland, Russia, Tsjechie, Slowakije, Bulgaria, Hongarie and so on.

I'm looking for places where there are 'old' markets, selling all kind of stuff, including coins.

Does anyone has any tips of good places to go to and which day they are held, things I certainly shouldn't miss, places to be etc., al related to coin collecting.

Regards,

Bo.

Hi,

it's realy a complicated taks... :) You see, it is almost impossible to list all places. Thus, every big city has definitely a place (or even more) you're looking for! Berlin, München, Nürnberg, Warszaw, Krakow, Wroclaw, Prague, Sofia, Budapest, Moskow, St.Petersburg, Kiev et al. have a lot of markets and interesting stores...

It would be much better if you could give us a "rough" list of town you're gonna visit.

Best regards,
Igor

Igor,

I understand what you’re saying. All the places you mention have my interest.

The idea is to visit approximately five countries in two weeks. Which countries or cities depends on the tips I get about great places, markets and so on. So I was hoping to get some tips about the best places from you guys, because you live in the area. When I’ve received some tips, I will plan the trip.

Regards,

Bo.

Germany

Hi Bo,

so, about places in Germany.

First of all, you can have a look for it in any web-directory, for example follow link 1 or link 2 to the list on web.de server. It's in German, but comprehensible. :)

Secondly, when you'll arrive here, buy in any large newspaper kiosk at the railway stations the magazine
mup.gif
or
mr.gif

In one of the last pages you'll find a list of difefrent coin stores (with addresses) sorted by town. Then, if you turn some pages back, you find a section "Veranstaltungen. Termine" (Events/meetings. Dates). This part is actuially possible to download it directly from publishers: PFD-file.

Try it... :cool: Maybe somebody here will give you some more detailed tips concerning Germany.

<hr>
... for other countries I hope to find at home some references and will post it here later on.

Regards,
Igor

Poland

Warszawa:
ul. Hoza 19; 25; 40; 54
ul. Swietojanska 19
ul. Armii Ludowej 15

Wroclaw:
ul. Dubos 7
ul. Pilsudskiego 38
Pl.Solny 8/9

Krakow:
Rynek Glowny 7; 20
ul. Lubicz 3
ul. Pijarska 2

... to be continued ...

Prague

... unfortunately I didn't find an address, but it must be somewhere on Prazska street, right-hand side, on the direction to the cemetery... plus some small shops in the citycenter

Belarus

Minsk:
1) Pl. Svobody (Victory square) - metro station "Nemiga" or "Oktjabr'skaja"
2) Club in "DK Zheleznodorozhnikov", Chekalova street 7 - Sunday 9-13, Wen. 15-18

...but actually, you won't find a lot of interesting coins in Minsk. Maybe even it doesn't worth trying. :)

Ukraine

Kiev:

1) a lot of antique shops in the citycenter, Kreschatik street. But prices are high.

2) Meetings at park of Pobeda (Victory park) Metro station "Darnitsa", near "New York" club. Usually on Saturdays 8:00-13:00. Every last Saturday of the month they have a huge meeting of peoples from the whole Ukraine. --- Recommended!

3) On Sundays there is a small meeting near metro station "Nivki", 9:00

Zurück
Oben
Sie nutzen einen Adblocker

Sicherlich gibt es Seiten im Internet, die es mit Werbung übertreiben. Dieses Seite gehört nicht dazu!

Aus diesem Grunde bitte ich Sie, Ihren Adblocker zu deaktivieren. Danke!

Ich habe den Adblocker für diese Seite ausgeschaltet